At my office desk, the condition of which you will not be able to visualize. Let me describe the master setup in bullet points. Here I go :
- There is a 500 ml bottle of AMLA JUICE which is also called Indian Gooseberry of which i have consumed just 50 ml until now.
- There is a diary which I use as a graffiti board. You will find all colors of inks used to pen down points here.
- A stapler lying like an orphan which I rarely use because I love paperless office and rarely prefer card files and box files to preserve documents.
- A stabiliser with few plug points which is exclusively used to charge my laptop and mobile phone. The extra socket in this stabilizer is causing problems for me. You can see my team members coming here with their mobile phones and requesting me with the words “May I” This now seems to be a public property and I am losing ownership title.
- There is a Gigaset phone which I have to use to call my UK colleagues. He is ORPHAN NO. 2.
- There is a telephone instrument, two water bottles and quite a sizeable area of blank space in my desk which will be occupied soon by papers, objects, materials, gadgets and what else…..
By the way – Where in the world are you?
Put a smile on your face and relax. This is the best thing you should do when someone passes such remarks. One thing is understood if the person has the privilege or enjoy the rights to say anything like this to you, he is not a stranger to you. He should have avoided saying anything like this to you. Only mediocre people have such opinion about others who are familiar to them. In nutshell, people who call you useless are senseless. They will get habituated and keep passing remarks on others until some day an insane person cause damage to them both physically and mentally.
They are vulnerable to ploy and tricks. Simple people generally listen to their hearts and react. They don’t use their brains to evaluate others. They go with the flow in the relationships. I know many people who are smart and intelligent enough to know the conspiracy and planned behavior of others, but do not think of revenge or betraying the fraudulent friends and companions. I am a simple person who would prefer to stay away from people who intend to cheat me. I remain alerted.
Because this is the only thing which we can easily afford and costs nothing. You use things which belong to you for this exercise and there is no borrowing from the outside world. The mind, body, brains, soul, heart and everything that is within you.
You are not asking other’s participation and intervention. The habit does not demand the specific place to cultivate within oneself. You can start thinking while traveling on a train, sitting in the rest room, climbing the mountains or while having a bath. There are no limits and barriers. You can think like a cop or like a hardcore criminal. Like a tech savvy obsessed to gadgets or like a saint and scholar who believes in Upanishads.
Fall in love. Love a girl who is smarter than you. With all the attempts to impress her, you will see the change in your tone. The voice, the way you speak, the etiquette and mannerisms. Your rudeness, overpowering others during communication, everything will get destroyed.
The tough guy will become soft spoken. Try it out.
People like me.
But I am still struggling to find what kind of person am I?
Caring people are always emotional.
People who have a high level of patience are generally emotional because they are receptive to others and have been listening to the problems of others throughout their life. Once you get habituated to this process at the time of interacting with others, your nature changes. You put things like love, sympathy, feelings etc above wealth, status, name, fame, and glory.
These are my views. There may be many other answers to this question.